Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Solstice

This entry comes a bit late 
but on Wednesday I was dealing with some technical issues
and it's not until today that I can finally make the post.

On Wednesday June 20, 2012 was Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year
and the 1st day of summer.

One of my favorites.

I left work early enough to grab Pia
and head to the banks of the Hudson River
to see the sunset.

It was SPECTACULAR.

It was tranquil,
there was a breeze (even though we reached high record temperatures last week)
and the ray of colors was a treat for the eye.

I recorded the last 3 minutes of the sunset
as a reminder of those gifts that nature gives us and often we take for granted
and for you, in case you didn't have a chance to see it.

Happy Week!


(the splendor was such that
in the video it seems as if the sun was still out
but it was not...)

1 comment: