Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Us Humans...interesting creatures

On Sunday I read a passage by Borges that inspired today's entry. 

The passage quotes a ‘certain Chinese encyclopedia’
in which it is written that ‘animals are divided into: 
(a) belonging to the Emperor, (b) embalmed, (c) tame,
(d) sucking pigs, (e) sirens, (f) fabulous, (g) stray dogs, (h) included in
the present classification, (i) frenzied, (j) innumerable, (k) drawn with a
very fine camelhair brush, (1) et cetera, (m) having just broken the water pitcher,
(n) that from a long way off look like flies'.

After reading it one time, I was like huh...
and decided to read it a few more times.

Each additional time, I switched the word animal for the word human
and for each division
I imagined a type of person
that would fit into that category.

Nerd, I know (I was in the subway - a perfect location for this kind of exercise)
but
fun and interesting.

Think about it
and
Draw your own conclusions...









No comments:

Post a Comment