Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reminders

I usually get irritated by The Selby.
The photography is cool,
the subjects interesting
and the locations pretty awesome
but it is this utter perfection
that can be quite aggravating.

Maybe this is the catch -
to expose things so beautifully and dreamy
so as to help us escape from our reality,
evade from the mundane
and for a few seconds be part of other people's lives,
imagining how perfect it would be to live in that particular house,
and have that beautiful, flawless family.

Well, this morning The Selby succeeded.
I arrived in the office, opened my email 
and saw that I had my Selby's update.

With certain skepticism, I decided to open the link
and watch the film… guess what?

For about 5mins, I stepped out
of my reality and connected to my dreams,
my inner Silvia or however you want to call it.

The point is that the movie helped me get in touch with
something that I want and strive for.
I don’t know if it was Lucy,
the house, the colors,
the nature or the subtle message…
I don’t know but
there was something in that movie
that I related to.

The result?
 I felt inspired and hopeful.

Sometimes things get confusing, I get lost and
I start to feel that
I no longer know who I am, what I want
and/or what is next.

Then, I see the ocean, read a book,
see a photograph or watch a Selby film
and something connects.
  
It might sound weird but
I am glad to have these reminders.

Let's archive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment