Sunday, October 23, 2011

Patti Smith

I just finished reading Just Kids by Patti Smith.
Over the last month, she has been source of reflection, inspiration,
learning, beauty, creativity and hope.

Her attitude towards life
and her choice of language in describing it in the book
is exquisite.

While reading the book I made note
of words, expressions and sentences
that with or without a specific reason got my attention.

Below just a few:

" Robert was ever in my consciousness; the blue star in the constellation of my personal cosmology."


" The moral power I gleaned in taking responsibility for one's actions."


" At the time, Allen toured so heavily [...] that some questioned how I could stay loyal to one who was almost never home.
The truth was I really cared for him, and believed our communication was strong enough to overcome his long absences. [...] but as time passed, it was reveled that the trust I believed we shared was repeatedly violated [...]  This gentle, intelligent, and seemingly modest man has a lifestyle on the the road that was inconsistent with what I believed was our quiet bond.  Ultimately, it destroyed our relationship."


"Liquid stars"


"We were undefined and could not be defined by others"


"He was intuitive and inventive, able to give [me] a field upon which I had the freedom to explore in a language of my own."


"Though no one knew it, the stars were aligning, the angels were calling"

No comments:

Post a Comment